Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Hey! I'm back!

I know it's been a while, my apologies. I like to be busy, but because of that, I frequently bite off more than I can chew. I just can't help it sometimes--well, most of the time! This past year I built a new business, a website, an Etsy shop, two blogs, and created enough inventory for the fifteen shows that I'd booked, all in addition to my nursing contracts with two pharmaceutical companies and trying to complete my manuscript. And then, of course, there's all those little incidentals, what you don't plan for--time suckers (that's another post). Whew! I'm happy to say it was well worth it, having just completed my last event of the year (the most successful one yet!). But, as you know, there's never any rest for the weary--just got to keep on keeping on!  

So, all that said...fall is my favorite time of the year. The mornings are a bit crisper and there's a wonderful smell in the air, a combination of dried falling leaves and wood burning in pot-bellied stoves. The only thing missing is the fresh smell of precipitation. In years past, we've shoveled at least three feet of snow by now, but not this year. And unfortunately, the extended outlook is rather bleak. We've had to start watering the smaller trees on our land, because if we don't, they'll die. That's how dry it is. Maybe with the arrival of the winter solstice on December 21st, some much needed moisture will come our way--that is, if we make it past December 21st! Just kidding, Christmas will be here before we know it. (But just in case, we're getting a generator.)

This beautiful buck is such a poser; he's obviously used to human admirers taking his photograph!



Until next time,
K

2 comments:

  1. Loved the photo; wow you are a mover and a doer and a one person band! Much admiration and success to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Esther! Taking a much needed break next week - Hugs back!

    ReplyDelete